Monday, March 30, 2009

Rough Abstract Outline

Hi everyone. I’m not done my abstract yet but will soon be. I’m just wondering if anyone can see anything to improve on it. I haven’t gone in depth with everything yet as I’m curious to know what everyone thinks.

This report will look at Sun Peaks Resort and identify ways to improve the current sustainability. Some of the Case studies that will be looked at are from more successful ski developments, such as Whistler, BC, and Vail, Colorado and comparing them with Sun Peaks. The Six Overchanging Principles will be looked at in great depth as they are key elements to sustainability. The six include: capitalizing on the site, connecting the flows, layering the systems, creating a centre, economy of means, and making it home (I plan on going into much greater detail here, discussing some of the pros and cons about the resort and what other more successful resorts have done.)

I’m not too far on this abstract but if anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment